Thursday, February 2, 2012

~empty fortune cookie and shadows....oh my!~


Please tell me this means really, really good luck!!

Never, in my 32 years, have I opened an empty fortune cookie.
  My oldest offered to share his fortune. 
I declined, but thought the gesture was sweet.
 This sure made for a good laugh after the day I have had!! 

Have you ever cracked open this crunchy treat to find...nothing??

This morning before the bus came we anxiously anticipated the verdict of whether or not Punxsutawney Phil would see his shadow or not.  The verdict is in.... looks like 6 more weeks of winter! I am totally OK with this prediction, considering it has been in the 50's and beautiful all week. Very unusual for February in Ohio!!
In keeping with the theme of this day, the following picture is one of my favorite shadow pictures of all time.  It is my father's shadow as he does yard work around a shed at my grandmother's home in Myrtle Beach. 

 
~Happy Groundhogs Day~

2 comments:

Laura Emily said...

love the shadow shot. It took me a few hours to accept Phil's declaration, but now I'm hoping for just a few more weeks of chilly weather for the excuse to get all cozy inside the house!

...and yes. Once, I had an empty fortune cookie. I was maybe ten, and sat listening to everyone at the table talk about their fortunes and I was certain my life was going no where.....I was an odd child.

~Kelly~ said...

So glad to hear there's another odd one out there... cookie AND child!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...