Monday, February 6, 2012

~THE RIGHT words~

His ultimate goal is to write a novel.
He has works that have been published, but nothing this long.
He sets goals, deadlines, and masters his craft daily.
I haven't seen him this passionate about something in a long time. 
This is something that even those close to him know nothing about.
Wonder what they'll think when he hands them over a copy?

Today was a milestone.... 40,000 words.
What made it even more special was that he included his boys.

Austin and Derek had the honor of typing one word each
in "daddy's book".
This was a big deal in our house!

the... by Austin


right... by Derek

That's just the kind of dad he is.
And one of the many reasons I love him.

I've come accustomed to the sound of him clicking away at his keyboard each night, knowing that someday soon I will be reading this piece of work.
Anticipation, anxiousness, excitement... all growing.

Is it wrong of me to wonder if I'll make the dedication page?!?!
I'm sure I'm not the first wife to have this cross her mind.
Or am I?

4 comments:

Ashley Spriggs said...

Wow! What a great day for your family! Love the pics of the boys and their words! And I think it's a definite you'll make the dedication page=)

Laura Emily said...

"Is it wrong of me to wonder if I'll make the dedication page?!?!
I'm sure I'm not the first wife to have this cross her mind.
Or am I?" please, totally natural. My husband is gradutating with his degree in May and all I think about is the speech I dream of him giving at his graduation party about how hard his wife worked and pulled him through.....which is totally not the case. I cry and stomp my foot every semester.

can't wait to read his work someday!

~Kelly~ said...

Thanks, Ashley-you are too sweet! Thanks for stopping in to read and comment!

~Kelly~ said...

May- congrats to him! (And of course you, too! :)
I'll be sure to post the day it is available... whenever that may be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...