Tuesday, February 28, 2012

~great grandparent gifting~

What do you buy a great grandparent for their birthday who wants nothing, needs nothing, and doesn't have the space for anything more?? 

Easy.... a photo of their great grandsons capturing their special day!!  Both of the pictures below are something that I came up with for two different 80th Birthday celebrations. 

August 2008
   
November 2011

To capture both photos, I used this:

Chalk
Props (the great-grandsons)
Ladder

I drew out the message I wanted on the driveway, had the boys jump in, and stood on the ladder to get a better view down.  Then I uploaded each photo to Walmart's photo department, swung by on the way to each party (no joke!!) and grabbed a frame while I was in the store.  I assembled the framed picture in the car and arrived at each party with a wonderful, creative, personal gift.  They were a HIT!!     

Give it a try... for any occasion.  I'd love to have you come back and leave a comment with your link to your photo.  Enjoy!!

It's amazing what a little creativity and some chalk can do...   


Now, head over to Hope Studios and check out some more ideas!!

12 comments:

lisa @littlecoffeebeans said...

We love chalk messages, too! I've decorated a few drive ways welcoming home new babies.
So sorry to hear about your back. Ouch. Hope you get some good rest (and maybe some good, quiet blogging time!) and that you're back up and at 'em soon.

Melissa said...

That is too flippin' cute and absolutely brilliant!

~Kelly~ said...

What a great idea! I should have thought about doing that for my neighbor a couple months ago! Thanks about the back... I'm glad I was able to take it easy today! And yes- plenty of blogging. :) (as I lay here in bed with my Nook!)

~Kelly~ said...

Thank you, dear!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I'm thinking about something similar for my mum for mothers day - thanks!

Yasmin

~Kelly~ said...

Hi Yasmin! This would work as a great Mother's Day idea! I'm sure your mom will love it. I think your daughter will have fun with this, too. Take care!

Kim said...

What a wonderful idea!! And I love the chalk messages to welcome babies home. Thanks for sharing.

~Kelly~ said...

Thanks, Kim! I love both ideas so far... babies and mom's.

Ashley Spriggs said...

We decorated our sidewalk welcoming home Travis from Afghanistan! It's such a neat idea...I'll have to use it for a birthday sometime now! Cute pics.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! So cute!

~Kelly~ said...

That gives me goose bumps, Ashley!! I know Travis had to of loved that! I'm picturing him now... making that walk up the decorated sidewalk... into your house... giving you and the boys lots of love after he had been away. What a wonderful welcome home idea! Thanks for sharing your story.

~Kelly~ said...

Thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...