Saturday, February 11, 2012

~bee mine~

Yesterday was Derek's Valentine's Day party at school. (*More pictures to come next week!*)  Today I thought I would share a few ideas that I found and whipped together with him for his teacher and the kid's in his class. They were all a HUGE hit!! I've included the links for you to get the free template's, too.  What I liked most about these crafts were that they were very inexpensive, fun to make together, and it added that personal touch for gift giving.
"Bee Mine" Honey for his teacher from Calli's blog

I had my own bumble-bee stamp to use for this project, so I didn't use the free printout, as cute as it was!!  
Who wouldn't love to get this sweet goodness!?!

The pictures above and below are what we crafted from finding Angie and Kristin's blog.  Check out their blog for the free template!!  We bought the foam at Walmart and I traced and cut them out.  Then Derek punched the hole with a pencil and attached the suckers. We made the mustache ones for the boys and the lips for the girls.  The kids LOVED these!!

Instead of attaching a sticker or tag with the "to" and "from", we opted to use brown paper lunch bags with doilies.  This made it exciting for the kids to open... like a little present.  I wrote the classmates names and Derek just had to sign them.  We used pink for the girls and red for the boys.



And if you look to the right back side of this photo, you can see that there is, in fact, a "To: Derek, From: Derek" treat included. He thought this was the funniest thing ever and had to show all of his friends at school!!  

Happy Crafting!!  Please feel free to leave a link to your post so we can all see what you have been busy making for
 Valentine's Day 2012!! 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...