So, I guess I need to have a little info about myself so you can get a better picture of who I am, where I came from, and the life I am intentionally living....
Without further ado:
Hello! I'm Kelly. So nice to finally "meet" you!!
I am at a loss for words.... that's a first!
I'm always the one behind the camera, not in the picture. My hope is that I include myself in them more from here on. I want my kids to not only have thoughts, sounds, smells to remind them of me someday... they need images, too. I'm bad about that, but slowly embracing this.
My husband, Nathan, and I have been married for 10 yrs. We met in college. He studied Golf Course Management and I majored in Horticulture. We sat by each other in class. He worked at a golf course and I was a floral designer at the time. I was intrigued by his shyness. I asked him out first. We went for a quick bite between classes one day. I paid. We both ordered our sandwiches plain with a side of BBQ sauce for our fries. The rest is history.
We have two amazing boys... they are our world. Austin is 11 and Derek is 7. They are both good athletes and students. To say we are proud parents is an understatement. Austin is our picky one~ he doesn't like his food to touch and he likes things very clean and organized. Derek goes with the flow and will try anything. Derek is a walking tornado... his room is proof. Austin is a superhero in Derek's eyes... just the way a big brother should be.
We live in my husband's home town... a rural village in Ohio that only has one stop light. This is the longest I have ever lived anywhere. I was born in California and had moved 16 times by the time I graduated from High School. Needless to say, my kids have ROOTS here and I plan on keeping it that way.
Just keeping it real here:
- I don't like chocolate. I would be fine with 1 piece/year.
- I love plants, although I wouldn't say I have a green thumb.
- I can play the piano, but not by reading music notes.
- I want to learn how to play the guitar.
- People inspire and intrigue me. I could sit at a mall or airport all day and just watch.
- I was born into a Catholic family, married a Methodist, but we are neither. I BELIEVE... and don't feel I need an organized religion to do so.
- I don't use paper products... at least 99% of the time. My kids even enjoy folding cloth napkins.
- My house is lived in. It's not the end of the world if something gets spilled or broken. They are just things.
- My favorite quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson... "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
- I have green eyes.
- I've never owned a new car, and never will.
- My mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis the year I was born. She is my hero.
- I prefer to use a fork over a spoon, if I have a choice.
- I like a person who acts the same regardless of the person they are with. Don't change how you act because you are with so and so... Be YOU! All the time!!
- I like a firm pillow, not something I sink in to.
- When I am an older woman, I hope that my kids and grand kids will want to visit me. Not because they feel obligated, but because they want to. I've worked with Seniors long enough to know they can tell the difference.
- I don't own a fancy camera... just a Panasonic from Best Buy. But I love taking pictures!!
- My love language is Words of Affirmation. Go here to find yours.
- My nickname was 'Cupcake' when I was younger. My haircut.
- I collected soap growing up. My father was in the Air Force and he would bring me back a bar of soap from everywhere he would travel. I had hundreds of bars. I carried them with me every move we made. I no longer have the collection.
Guess I wasn't at a loss for words, after all...