Monday, April 16, 2012

~Liebster Blog Award~


Talk about a nice surprise when I got home from a long weekend! I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by fellow blogging mama, Lisa of Little Coffee Beans . Thanks for the virtual love, Lisa.  If you wouldn't have picked me, I would have sent this your way.. for sure!!  I've really enjoyed getting to know you and your family and getting a daily glimpse into your world (and garden)!   

The Liebster Blog Award is a bit mysterious, Lisa stated.  Here's what she told me she found: "The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to [three to] five more blogs of note."
The basic idea is about spreading the love and the recipient(s) of the award are encouraged to:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
  2. Choose 3-5 blogs with less than 200 followers and pass the award on to them.
  3. Display the Liebster Award somewhere on your blog.
I think I can handle that!
Even though I've only been blogging since the beginning of this year, here are three blogs (in no particular order) that I'm enjoying reading today:

Random Thoughts of a Crazy Woman
Melissa is fellow mama to two boys and blogs about whatever floats her boat.  When I read Melissa's blog, I get a glimpse into my future with my boys growing up.  I never know what to expect from her daily postings, and that is part of the reason I am so drawn.  She's creative, passionate, caring, and always takes time to drop in and leave a line on fellow blogs. Melissa describes her blog as, "the random things that pop into my head.... events, people, places, and the strange workings of my mind."  I don't find them strange at all, Melissa.  I'm intrigued!  Oh yeah~ I'd save a seat for her next to me on the bleachers at a wrestling tournament any day! 

Rowan & Oak
Amber is an herbalist and mama to two sweet children.  What instantly drew me to her blog was her beautiful photography and her shared love of nature and plants.  Amber is also creative, loves to sew, and I've enjoyed her showing how she re-purposes adult clothing to the needs of her children.  Amber and I share a love of books and she also resides in my birth state.  Sometimes I read her words and wonder if we were separated at birth!  I think if I were ever able to head out west, I'd love to meet her in person!  We'd have a lot to talk about!

Mindless Ramblings
Heather is the author over here and I love that we have these things in common:  a passion for our children, a creative spark, and the love of literature.  Heather states she is a, "baker, knitter, crafter, hiker, bicycler, gardener, wannabe farmer, friend, wife, and proud mama living in the desert."  I've enjoyed getting to know her and her current story is of a move across the country.  Life is always an adventure and I'm glad we are getting to enjoy the ride with her!  I'm sure we'd be great friends in "real life", too.

 
Congratulations to these three mamas!  Now go pass on blog-loving the goodness!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Aww! Thanks, Kelly! I too wonder if we just might have been separated at birth. So many things in common, including (as I learned today) growing succulents! Thanks for the happy boost.

Melissa said...

Aren't you just a doll! I would love to sit next to you at any wrestling event....and yell my head off..it's what we Mama's do 😉Seriously, I'm very flattered. Thank you so much!

Lisa Coffee said...

yay! for spreading the blog-loving goodness!

~Kelly~ said...

Thanks for inspiring me, ladies! Glad I could pass on the love!

Unknown said...

Kelly, I am truly flattered. And to be in such good company. You know I would love to be your friend in real life. I come from a long line of Ohioans, so I know you are good people :)

~Kelly~ said...

Good company, indeed!! I know you are busy... glad you were able to come by! Go Buckeyes! ;)

Sofia's Ideas said...

Congrats on this award! How exciting!

And I love Melissa - she is awesome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...