Sunday, April 1, 2012

~where the green grass grows~


Enjoying the beautiful green color I see each morning blurred through the bottom of the glass. 
 Spring is here!
And it is gorgeous!!

This week the kids are on Spring Break.
Nine days off school.
Love it! 
No major plans.
We are taking the boys fishing tomorrow.
We'll visit a lake I have memories from.
Baseball. Baseball. More baseball.
We'll enjoy watching the Cincinnati Reds on opening day.
They'll spend some time with grandparents. 
No big vacation or travel plans far away this year.
For the most part, we are staying in.
And sometimes that is the best kind of break we can have.

Tell me...
What was the best Spring Break vacation you can remember?
Where did you go?
It could be from your childhood,
high school days,
college years,
or your married/family days.

I almost forgot! 
I saw the boys whispering on the couch this morning and giggling.
It can only mean one thing...
April Fool's Day plans.
I can't wait to fall victim.
I love it just as much as they do.
These boys!  

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh! Lovely picture, Kelly! Have a beautiful spring break.

My most memorable spring break was a backpacking trip my husband (then boyfriend) and I took along the lost coast in Humboldt County. We got way up in the mountains and it started pouring and hailing. We ended up having to hike all the way back down through flooded creeks and 18 miles along the beach in the pouring rain hoping to beat the high tide. Sounds awful, but it was also hilarious. I've never laughed so hard in my life. (Sorry this comment got rather long...)
Hope your spring break is more restful;)

Melissa said...

Oh! What happened? Did they get you? Spring break and Easter always make me think of my wedding because we were married on April 11th, which happened to be Easter that year. So I'm a little partial to that time of year

Unknown said...

Enjoy you break. I hope they didn't get you too badly.

~Kelly~ said...

Amber~ Thanks for sharing! Sounds like an adventure! Glad you were able to laugh about it instead of making it an awful experience.

Melissa~ Happy (early) Anniversary!! No wonder you love this time of year!

Heather~ Thanks! Hope you are doing well with the move! And no.. they didn't pull anything too bad. Just little stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...