Thursday, January 5, 2012

~clumpy icicles~


The icicle lights were purchased the year my husband and I got married. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary last month.... the same month that these lights actually came out of their boxes and were hung on our home. Better late than never!

I'll contribute our final light display to the following: a combination of very cold weather, scrunched up lights that had been in their boxes for a *very* long time with baggie ties tightly wound, day light slowly fading to night, and the fact that my husband does not like heights.
You can see in this picture that our lights (on the right) actually ended up matching our neighbor's. That is, except for the fact that theirs hung down like icicles typically do.
I found myself frustrated with the fact that our lights didn't look like they were "supposed to". I may have been guilty of voicing these opinions out loud, too. I'd peek out the window and look next door and see their lights hanging down and look up at ours and they were not.
But after a few days of pulling into our driveway and really paying attention to the way the lights illuminated our home, I began to think about how, in life, sometimes things don't always turn out the way we think they should.
Our lights may look different, but that's OK.

I love my clumpy icicles
and everything they represent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...