Wednesday, June 27, 2012

~visualize~


Right before every game, my son's baseball team is called into a huddle to visualize.  No talking, no listening, no words spoken.  In this brief moment, thoughts of hitting, running, catching, batting, fielding, fly balls, singles, doubles, triples, home runs, outs, pitches, and *who knows what* are all racing through their minds. For all I know, one of them is thinking that he needs to double knot his shoe lace or he'll trip, or that he should have picked a grape Gatorade instead of orange.  Reguardless, I often wonder about what each person thinks about for his own mental game.  Do they have confidence in themselves or are they scared?  Can they see themselves succeeding or do they see failure?  

Austin commented after a game that something during the game happened that he had visualized before the game and that it works.  Does it work?  Can we visualize something and actually make it happen? Is it luck or coincidence or will power? If we want something bad enough can we achieve it? Of course we can!

Then I think of my own life.  My family and friends.  Are we taking enough time in our own busy lives to really sit, think, not talk or listen, just visualize?  We should. We can.  We can learn from our children. 

All of us are capable of hitting a home run...in life... or on the field. We just have to see it. And then take a chance and swing.


(*On a side note, I visualized my house being cool again and guess what?? It is! Mr. Air Conditioner Man came through and this mama is a bit happier, and cooler!)

7 comments:

Amber said...

Ah, you're a 'manifester' too! Should have known...I often feel a bit weird about the whole thing. Like it shouldn't work, according to part of my logical brain, and then it does, over and over again. Glad your air conditioner is working again.

Kim said...

So happy you are cool again :)

Visualization has played a huge role in my life, I have used since my teenage years as a dancer, through my training and racing at the Ironman distance and even in the months leading up to my home birth. Such an amazing tool we have at our hands if we chose to use it.

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Thank goodness for the Air Conditioner Man. We are suppose to be in the 100s this weekend and I am not looking forward to it at all.
Love your post today Kelly, so true about life.

Unknown said...

Such a true statement. I keep telling Dave to visualize himself in a new job he loves (current one not so much, but we are happy he has a job). Eamon recently discover it works. He always wants money to buy things. I suggested visualizing himself finding some. A few days later he found $8. Luck, chance or whatever - it works for me. So very glad you have AC again!

karen said...

I am thrilled to see that the AC man has fixed your environment!! Yay! Visualizing is very important.

Melissa said...

Self fulfilling prophecy? Could be. There is a lot to be said for positive thoughts and visualization. So glad your A/C is fixed!

Lisa Coffee said...

I'm playing catch up after being without internet last week. Love this post. And yes, yes, yes to visualization and manifesting our dreams. We're living that right now to the fullest. It's powerful medicine. Hope all is well with your brood. happy Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...